Friday, July 18, 2008
Garden or Weed Patch
Well today was a pretty normal day. I went to the Hydro Fit class @the Apple Athletic Club @ 5:45 am, came home, and hen got all too carried away weeding my garden?! Let me just begin by painfully admitting that we have never weeded our garden, all our plants are still alive and thriving, but it's pretty much a treasure hunt trying to figure out where they're hidden amongst the weeds...but NO MORE! I began weeding at about 8:30 am and finished @ 12:30. It was crazy, but now you can actually see the plants! My father in law is going to be so proud! He's the master of gardening and he was prettyashamed with me a couple of weeks ago when he came to visit, unexpectedly. Other wise, trust me I would have forbid him from going out back. He was very kind about it, as he always is, but he didn't quit smiling the whole time he was looking at it. I was embarressed. But now... I can't wait to show him my hard work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congratulations! Your garden sounds like the one's I have had in the past. We decided against a garden this year due a dog that loves to dig everything we plant. I can see your Uncle Curtis's eyes now twinkling like they do when he smiles. I am sure he is proud of you. You will enjoy your garden very much. I wish we had one I am craving some fesh tomatoes and squash. Tell your family hello from me.
That sounds exactly like my garden. . .maybe I need to put in a hard days work!
Rose
You are brave! I love eating out of a garden but planting and caring for it, well let's just say we leave that to the mini farmer in our house--Kelly!
So I have been meaning to comment on here for a long time, but I am still blown away. 5:45 Hydrofit class? You are one dedicated lady. How long have you been doing that? It sounds fun...except for the unGodly hour. and your garden sounds awesome. Yum Yum. There is nothing better than fresh garden deliciousness :).
Post a Comment